Back to form
Back to form
- Trip for two (2) adults who are 21 years of age or older on Viking’s Trade Routes of the Middle Ages 15-day, 14-night ocean cruise leaving Bergen, Norway on September 20, 2020, ending in Barcelona, Spain on October 4, 2020 (the “Cruise”). Air travel to and from any city in the U.S. will be booked by Viking as detailed below. The Cruise is subject to the Terms & Conditions on the Viking website and Viking’s 2020 Passenger Ticket Contract, which will be part of the 2020 ticket documentation. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for any additional pre- or post- trip excursions, including the reservations and all costs related thereto, whether or not such additional excursions are booked through Viking;
- Commencing on September 20, 2020: (A) accommodation on the Cruise for fourteen (14) consecutive nights in one Category V2 cabin, double occupancy; (B) all onboard meals, at the option of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion; (C) a guided excursion selected by Viking and available to the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion at every port of call during the Cruise as described below; and (D) access to Viking’s onboard Culture Curriculum® during the Cruise consisting of lectures and performances. The Cruise is anticipated to include the following ports of call (subject to change by Viking per the 2020 Passenger Ticket Contract which will be part of the 2020 ticket documentation for Cruise passengers): Bergen, Norway; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Bruges, Belgium; Paris, France; Portsmouth and Falmouth, England; Porto, Portugal; Granada, Murcia, and Barcelona, Spain; and
- Roundtrip trans-Atlantic air travel from any city in the U.S. with a commercial airport will be arranged/booked by Viking for economy class round-trip travel for two (2) adults, departing from a city in one of the fifty (50) states of the United States or Washington DC (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and arriving in Bergen, Norway in time to join the Cruise on September 20, 2020 and ultimately departing the Cruise from Barcelona, Spain on October 4, 2020 to return to the U.S. departure city. Airline and departing/arrival cities determined at time of ticketing. Includes all airport-to-ship transfers, and air taxes and air fuel surcharges but excludes transportation to and from departing and arrival U.S. airports
- Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to additional meals, beverages, tips, taxes, excursions, fees, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges, passport fees, visa fees, security fees, and any additional transfers and/or ground transportation, including taxis. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for any additional pre- or post- trip excursions, including the reservations and all costs related thereto, whether or not such additional excursions are booked through Viking.
- Should the Cruise become unavailable for any reason before September 20, 2020, Viking will substitute a cruise of equal value and offering as close to the original itinerary as reasonably possible, on a space-available basis. In addition, in the event that the Grand Prize Winner is physically unable to travel at the time of the Cruise, upon receiving appropriate documentation, Viking will rebook the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion for a substitute cruise of equal value and offering as close to the original itinerary as possible, on a space-available basis. The Cruise is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of the Cruise is permitted, except Viking reserves the right to substitute a cruise should the Cruise become unavailable.
- All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor’s approval. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred because of flight cancellation/delay or any acts or omissions whatsoever by air carriers or other transportation companies. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation and fulfilling any necessary travel requirements prior to travel, such as possession of a valid U.S. or Canadian passport with an expiration date after April 4, 2021. GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND HIS/HER TRAVEL COMPANION ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING ALL REQUIRED TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND TRAVEL INSURANCE AND HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPONSOR WILL NOT OBTAIN OR PROVIDE TRAVEL INSURANCE OR ANY OTHER FORM OF INSURANCE.
- Baggage fees on flights may apply, depending on itinerary. Allowances subject to size/weight limits. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g., valid passport, visa where applicable) and obtaining inoculations that may be required at the time and place of departure.
- Once flight arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Viking. An unclaimed and/or unused Grand Prize travel package will remain the property of Viking or its designee.
- The Released Parties as specified below are not responsible for any changes of any element of Grand Prize travel nor are they liable for any expenses incurred because of flight cancellation or flight delays.
- The Grand Prize is non-transferable, assignable, is not for resale and has no cash value. No prize substitution or cash redemption by the Grand Prize Winner is allowed. Sponsor and/or Viking reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value if any portion of Grand Prize becomes unavailable for any reason. The Grand Prize may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize is provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules.
- If the Grand Prize Winner does not have a travel companion accompany him/her on the trip, the Grand Prize will otherwise be awarded in increments appropriate for one (1) traveler (i.e., the Grand Prize Winner); and, in such event, no substitute prize or additional compensation will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
- The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must follow all instructions of Viking during their trip and should the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her travel companion fail to adhere to such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, anti-social or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Viking in its sole discretion), Viking reserves the right to end the participation of the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her travel companion on the Cruise, and send Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her travel companion home and/or take other actions as Viking deems appropriate in its sole discretion, without Viking or Sponsor having any liability or further obligation to Grand Prize Winner.
- The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same flight itinerary from the same U.S. departure city to Bergen, Norway and return from Barcelona, Spain to the U.S. departure city.
- In addition to the Cruise, the Grand Prize Winner will also win the following items as part of the Grand prize such items to be provided by WGBH and/or PBS Distribution: (i) One (1) DVD set of each of Poldark Seasons 1 – 5; (ii) a Poldark 2020 Wall Calendar; (iii) a Poldark coloring book; (iv) a waistcoat costume from the Poldark production worn by Aidan Turner; (v) a prop item from the Poldark production consisting of a decorative inkwell and quill pen; and (vi) one Poldark series poster autographed by Aidan Turner.